Friday, March 7, 2008

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds were amazing!


Last night, I got drunk and watched Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds perform at the Plug Awards. All in all the awards portion was lame, but the event people knew that so they kept it short and sweet. The audience was able to check out some short sets by the adorable St. Vincent and grime star Dizzee Rascal. But the main event was the full length performance Mr. Nick Cave gave to the audience. It's been about 6 years since the man came here and rocked NYC and I am very much glad I was there. While I don't hate Terminal 5, I do wish it was a bit more audience friendly. Nick was amazing and the band were incredible. I have never had the opportunity to see him perform live and while he didn't play my two favorite songs of his ("Get Ready for Love" and "There is a Light"), it couldn't have been any better. Well it could have been twice as long. You can read more about the show here at Brooklyn Vegan.

Image Courtesy of Brooklyn Vegan

0 Comments: