Thursday, August 16, 2007

Is MTV ready to remove all memory of music on their station....?

A staffer at MTV relays to GAWKER:
" We're all scheduled to attend a mysterious "What does M stand for" MTV meeting at Milk Studios on Monday. No one has any idea what it's about. It's so weird, there are brightly-colored posters all over the halls with big letters saying "What does M stand for?"



I, for one, have been waiting for MTV and Vh1 to own up to playing only reality programs and moving its music programming to 3 am. I have found myself literally DVRing Vh1 Classic episodes of 120 Minutes so I can watch music videos once again. If FUSE Network doesn't jump on this chance to put up more music, they are nuts. I can't wait until the "M" is explained to staffers next week. You can find out more about the upcoming changes and suggested meanings of M here.

Chuck D. declared the music industry dead the other day on Jonesy's Jukebox on Indie 103.1 in LA. Gene Simmons said it two months ago on the Henry Rollins show and I am agreeing with these dudes. I do not believe music is dead, but the business behind it is dying and fast.

0 Comments: