Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seriously...no more Jane Says...

First things first, I could be one of the most dedicated and loving Jane's Addiction fans. I was way too young to catch them their first go around, but since their reunion(s) I have seen them many times and actually found myself watching a live feed of the NME Awards when the full original band, Dave, Perry, Stephen and for the first time since 1991, Eric played together in a public setting. I have actually been dreaming of a reunion tour, but it don't look like that will happen anytime soon. And hell I have even forgiven this sort of nonsense. But I have digressed. Now that you can understand where I am coming from, please listen to my pleas. This means you radio DJs, lame college bars, frat bros, modern rock peeps and anyone who was born after 1965, but before 1992. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not play Jane Says EVER AGAIN! Honestly, the song was wonderful the first few times I heard it, it was great when I played out my Nothing's Shocking tape TWICE and it was even mildly annoying when Perry made Stephen play it on the steel drums in the middle of the rock floor from their 1997 reunion tour. But I really can't bare to hear this song one more time. It does not showcase the band as a whole, its not an interesting song and everyone is bored of it. So please, play Ain't No Right, Stop! or Ocean Size, but please if you respsect your fellow modern/alterna rockers, STOP Jane Says!

Thank you, that is all.

0 Comments: