Thursday, September 11, 2008

5 songs you must have on their iPods or iPhones....

There are a few songs I consider staples to a good play list nowadays. If I were to ever get the balls to publicly DJ at a NYC club or bar, these five would be essential throughout the night. They are not similar to each other in most descriptions, but I won't go anywhere without them on my iPhone.

Fuck Forever - Babyshambles

Whatever you might think of Pete Doherty in his private life, the dude churns out some great music. This music is further confirmation the Brits can blur pop and rock so flawlessly.


Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before - The Smiths

It does not and will not get better than the Smiths. Every time I hear this song, I am truly brought back to the first time I heard this band and how much my life changed after that.


Paper Planes - M.I.A.

Yes I know. Thanks to Pineapple Express, this song is heard from every douchebro's dorm room for miles. But gosh dang it, I'm taking it back. My boyfriend turned me onto M.I.A. a few years ago and this song could be the best thing she ever put together. With The Clash song bringing up the melody, Paper Planes is always a crowd pleaser.


Bounce - MSTRKRFT Featuring NORE

This song is so infectious, it could be one of my favorite dance songs EVER! It mixes hip hop, new wave techno, and part of Death From Above. I dare you to find a human who hears this song and can't move to it.'


Rat is Dead - CSS

This is light, dancy pop with subtly good lyrics. This band's new album is so good and refreshing to see the next wave aren't just one hit wonders.

0 Comments: