Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sadness...its a Corey!

Season 2 of “The Two Coreys” on A&E kicked off this past Sunday and can we so far the first two episodes make last season look like a visit with grandma. The fractured duo, who used to be Hollywood’s golden pair and my future husbands, begin this season with fights in diners and meetings with therapists. Did a memo circulate from VH1 to A&E letting them know that you can not have a reality program with an 80’s/child star without having them visit a therapist on camera?

Anyways, the two are brought together once again since both have relocated to Los Angeles, home to many dead dreams, and will be working on scenes together for the Lost Boys 2 movie. The two are found to be fighting over the suspicions of Haim selling stories of their broken friendship and secrets to the National Enquirer and the harsh stuff that I am assuming Haim used to drugs to suppress for the past 20 years. Both Corey Feldman and Corey Haim begin opening up to each other in what seems like a real way, despite the cameras being everywhere. Haim discusses being sexually molested as a teen and blames Feldman, repeatedly saying it was a very close male friend to Feldman. Feldman also states that he was molested repeatedly at the same time, but by a different close friend. I am thinking the offenders could be many people, and quite possibly Michael Jackson, but Feldman dismisses that claim in an interview with both Coreys for the July issue of GQ Magazine. Feldman went on record and said "People can say whatever they want, but it wasn't Michael. He and I have our own issues, but that wasn't one of them. The guy that did this to me was my assistant. I was still a virgin at the time. I hadn't even had sex with a girl. So for me it was just kind of bewildering."

Who knows if we'll ever find out who the perpetrators were? I think what is crazy is if this is all true, it seems that not only drug addiction is a pattern for child stars, but addiction following molestation is. Where the fuck are these kids' managers, parents, family, etc? What the hell is going on in that Tinseltown? Video of the sad confrontation is below, courtesy of Daily Motion.


The show depresses me, like it depresses other reviewers because it is incredibly difficult to watch two human beings crave celebrity so badly, when all it did was ruin their lives. As a child of the 1980’s, I remember the power and hold the Coreys had on me, my friends, the media and VHS. Twenty years later, the two are attempting to be taken seriously as actors and as power players in an industry that has already chewed them up and spit them out. While I personally always thought Haim had the bigger acting range and Feldman had the better personality, as grating as it is, I don’t see either being taken seriously, especially after this reality debacle. If there is one thing to learn from the celeb reality madness that has seemed to taken over basic cable the past few years is that it might be an easy way to bring home a paycheck, but it does not mean there will be further paychecks in your future. Like car crashes, we all like to watch a big mess go down – but most of us don’t stick around to watch the car being fixed. If you want to watch “The Coreys” in all their splendor, rent Lost Boys or License to Drive.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Noo! This is not the Corey Haim of my childhood. I demand an investigation on this. And when did Feldman become an old fogey?