Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wish I was Ocean Size....Jane's Addicition is reuniting!!!!!

So tonight could be one of the best nights ever and I can’t participate. Tonight, the NME Awards comes to America for the first time and they are honoring JANE’S ADDICTION – my favorite band ever! – with the “Godlike Genuises” nod. This is the first time an American band has been given this honor from the influential magazine. What is truly exciting about this is that this will also be the first time in 17 years the original line up of Jane’s will be together and performing on stage.




Eric Avery, the original bassist and true melody maker for Jane’s, said he did not have an issue with putting aside some of the bullshit that kept this band separated for so long to perform tonight. Avery said that this is more of a celebration of the past as opposed to a money making opportunity. Eric went on Navarro’s SpreadTV to discuss the band, his decision to play with them and his feelings on those who replaced him in the 17 years following his departure from the band. Also Dave Navarro and Perry Farrell have apparently put their bullshit aside and come together for the show tonight as well. While word on this remains that tonight’s performance is a one time reunion, I can’t help but keep my fingers crossed and hope that they decide to make this reunion into a summer tour. I mean Lollapalooza would be a perfect place, since their last show was during the first year of the ground breaking festival.You can watch it, like I will be doing, on NME’s Myspace Page. The festivities are also honoring Mick Jones, The Lemonheads for their It’s a Shame About Ray album from 1992 and the rest of their nominees for the besties from this year in music.
Here is a little flashback to 1991, when heroin was everywhere and Jane’s was at the top of their game.


In other music news that is blowing my mind…

  • * All Tomorrows’ Partes makes its US debut this summer and it’s going be in the upstate New York. (Woohoo!) My Bloody Valentine is bringing their reunion tour there, along with Built to Spill, Meat Puppets, Shellac, Mogwai, and Polvo. And this is just the beginning of the lineup. I can not fucking wait for this. I knew there was a reason I didn’t shuttle my ass to Coachella this weekend on California.
















  • * Tribe Called Quest will reunite this summer to play the reunion friendly Rock the Bells tour. They will be joined by Nas, Mos Def, De La Soul, Spank Rock, Rakim and the reunited Pharcyde. My ass will be attending this as well, since in 1992 all I listened to was TCQ and Jane’s.

  • * Mariah Carey scores another number one with her new album E=MC2.

  • * Even though its only April, Rolling Stone is picking the best of music, rock, etc for this year. My favorite radio station, Indie 103.1 won the top slot for this year.

  • * Get the Nine Inch Nails singe here for free. And apparently Chinese Democracy the beyond long awaited album from Guns N’ Roses is completed and ready for the masses. I can not fucking wait to hear this and I am very much assuming that this band will be reuniting soon to promote this as well.














    Seriously, all I need is Tripping Daisy and Blur to reunite and play NYC and I can die. Today is giving me pretty damn good news about all my favorite bands. This also might force me to get my Jane's tattoo this weekend!!!

    Enjoy!

    And if you check out the NME awards tonight, let me know what you thought! I will update later tonight with pics and news from the event!!!!

  • 0 Comments: