Thursday, May 24, 2007

News updates

Okay okay, let’s discuss some news before we jump into the Lost finale…

Robert Rodriguez set to remake "Barbarella"
Banksy revealed...This was released a bit ago, so you all might have come across this, but I figured I would post it for good measure…
Cajun Boy had an interesting story up...not so much anymore This guy is awesome and I want to thank Trent from Pink is the New Blog for introducing me to this awesome blog. But Cajun was recounting numerous Lindsay Lohan drunk and drugged up stories earlier in this post – most specifically snorting coke in her underwear in various posh hotels in nyc and having threesomes with people who are either her mother or look a hell of a lot like her mom. He has since removed it due to a request from the friend who gave him the info…But don’t read this link if you are a Sopranos fan – big spoiler alert…
Route 66 in grave trouble For a country who is always yammering on about pride, one of our most iconic

And thanks to my friend Sal, I was fortunate enough to watch this little bit of “journalism”. This is clips of an “investigative story” into emo culture by some ABC station and its ridiculous. I just can’t believe that in America in the year 2007, we are still searching some form of rock music to explain why kids have issues while being a teenager. But I have to say that any story that looks at Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance as scary, well obviously you are way out of touch. This is American Idol pop, not a terrifying subculture. At least when the media and out of touch parents were complaining about a similar issue when I was younger, it was about Marilyn Manson and Slayer – all of which were smart and ballsy. So I am assuming since emo has risen to news coverage fame, there should be a new wave of music right around the corner.

0 Comments: