Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Square Pegs Square Pegs Square Pegs!!!!!!

You know how there are just certain things that will ALWAYS make you happy? Like no matter how many times you have seen something it brings back good memories and reminds you of a simpler time…well I just found out one my favorite things Square Pegs, is finally making its way to DVD!!!! Long before bitches from Murray Hill started drinking cosmos and dreaming of being PR chicks, I have been in girl crush heaven with Sarah Jessica Parker, so all those nasties who only love here because of Sex and the City always pissed me off! I fell in love with SJP when I first caught her in Girls Just Want to Have Fun on cable. Remember back in the 80’s when you didn’t have videos or DVDs that were under $100 a pop, so you had to wait and wait for your favorite stuff to finally come on basic cable. I can remember catching Square Pegs on reruns on USA at like 3 in the afternoon on Saturdays when I was a kid.

So now that it’s being released on DVD on May 20th, I will now have another geeky obsession to cuddle up with on a weekend!!!!!! Square Pegs is in the fine tradition of early '80s teenager humor - geeks being geeks and overcoming the tyrants (or the popular kids) in school. The show starred SJP, Tracy Nelson, Jami Gertz and Amy Linker and was written by Saturday Night Live writer, Anne Beatts. "Pegs" was way before its time and only lasted a season. While it only had one season underneath its belt, it still remains a favorite for many from my generation and marked the beginning of Hollywood embracing the geeky girl as a star. So you can say thanks Cody! Here are the opening credits with the always fun theme song, performed by The Waitresses! Who wants to join me in a marathon on the 20th??????

0 Comments: